- Location: Hixson, Tennessee
- Multi-use commercial and residential
- 190 acres
- 280 of multi-family residential units
- 500,000 square feet of retail space
- 250,000 square feet of office space
- 60 acres of green space
Hillocks Farm is a 190 acre mixed-use development located in the unincorporated community of Hixson, Tennessee. The Hillocks Farm site was subject to an intense, high-profile, three-year rezoning process due to the size of the site, its increase in density and the high visibility of its location. Scenic Land Company worked amicably with the city, its officials, its city council, planners, the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT), the community and various opposition groups to reach agreements on a comprehensive development plan.
In February 2014, the project received the final zoning and city council approvals necessary to begin development of the 190-acre site. The comprehensive development plan provides for a 280-unit multi-family development, 500,000 square feet of retail space, 250,000 square feet of office space and 60 acres of green space and open areas.
The Hillocks Farm master plan incorporates the natural features, landscape and topography of the site into a modern agrarian aesthetic.
- Limited and restricted highway access
- Re-zoning of multiple land parcels
- Optimization of dramatic topography
- Stormwater management
- Managing multiple interests, including commercial and non-profit
- Coordination with Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Initial community resistance to proposed site plan
- Realized original land owner's vision after 15 years of prior planning
- Overcame the initial concerns of the Hixson community
- Rezoning approved with unanimous vote of City Council of Chattanooga
- Developed master plan in collaboration with local and national consultants
- Investment and infrastructure increased property value by ten times (1,000%)